Re: A bug in the text based ISO installation CDs?

--- Rob Prowel <tempest766@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In choosing to (keep) a previously formatted root
> partition (albeit an empty one) the installation
> procedure tells me that not enough space exists on
> the
> target partition to install the selected packages?
> selected 1080MB of packages and the partition is
> 3000MB in size?
>
> %smirk on.
> Is my math faulty?
> %smirk off.
>
> cheers,
> Prowel

This now depends on the swap partition, boot
partitions and other partitions that are on your
system.  By default the swap partition size is double
the ram, so if you have 512 MB of Ram, then your swap
partition will be 1024 MB, 256 MB then 512 MB will be
your swap partition size, and so on

   3000MB
  -1080MB
---------
  1920 MB swap ?
- 1024 MB
---------
   896 MB
 - 100 MB /boot partition ?
---------
   796 MB ???

There should be enough space unless you have 1024 MB
of ram which would give you a swap of 2048 for which
definitely would need more space.  Sorry if none of
this makes sense, System was previously partitioned
and you are keeping a / (root ) partition.  Do not
know, hopefully someone will provide a better answer,
or simply state that there is not enough information
to determine what is wrong.

Run

$ fdisk -l

to see how the disk is partitioned and better answer
your question.

Best Regards,

Antonio

http://mail.yahoo.com