RE: FC4 does not work, "out of the box" for me; GUI/X11 fails

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 00:25 -0700, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Seems that whomever released this distro should throw away
> the iso cds and create a BRAND NEW ONE.  This distro is very
> very very hosed and buggy.

Why isn't this done by Fedora?  (Not outsiders that we don't know
whether we can trust.)

In the past we had Red Hat Linux 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 before we jumped to
8.0.  You had a fighting chance of getting an installation working in
the first go.  Having to do another hour (or more) of updates, straight
away, is a right pain.  Just as bad as Windows.

The whole Fedora approach of rushing out major changes to releases on a
certain date for the sake of a schedule has proved itself to be a stupid
idea.  I don't *need* to be rebuilding the entire OS on several PCs that
often, and I certainly don't want to.  I'm now looking at using
something else, instead.  One of the BSDs is looking favourable to me.

I read messages from the public lists.