Re: Quick question on installing FC4 from CD...

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 14:57, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>A quick question. I just burned FC4 ISO's onto CD's. When I reboot my
>machine so that it will go to the CD to install/upgrade FC4, it "looks"
> at the CD, then goes back to the hard drive and boots FC1 as usual. I
> vaguely recall a command I need to do to make the install CD come up
> instead of just booting normally into FC1. It's been too long since
> I've done this! BTW, I have examinded the CD, all the files are there,
> and yes, I did burn the ISO as an "image" to my CD. I tried a second
> CD, just to make sure, with the same results.
>
>Thanks for any help!

Do you have the cdrom set as the first or second device to boot from in
the bios?  It should be in front of the hard drive.

If thats the case, then when you mount the cd to look at it, do you
see the install tree, or a single file whose name is the same as the .iso
you made it from.  In the latter case you burnt it wrong, you want to
'burn an image' in your burner software.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)