Re: Forbid two users to read and write the same file

Franck Y wrote:
Hello everyone.

I have several folder that i share in my harddrive, one of those is PROJET
The problem is i don t want two user to open the same file. In fact i would like a user
to pen the file and the other one to open it in realdonly.
Can you tell me whats wrong with my configuration.

[PROJETS]
        locking=  yes
        strict locking = yes
        level2 oplocks = yes
        oplocks = no
        veto oplock files = Projets/

These last 2 are the likely suspects. You told samba not to use oplocks. If I were you, I'd remove all those lines, and let samba use its (sane) default values.

-- Rex