Re: [OT] - DVD Player

On Sat, 2005-10-22 at 02:10 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> I could hook up a computer to my TV and use something like mythtv -
> but I really don't want the fan noise etc. - and I'm also not sure I
> can add another device to that circuit without occasionally tripping
> the circuit breaker (it trips sometimes if I plug the vacuum cleaner
> into that circuit - apparently I can't put a bigger breaker in because
> of code and existing wiring, probably for good reason).

For what it's worth, you can can connect a lot of appliances at once, so
long as they don't draw too much current.  Your vacuum cleaner draws a
lot more current than a PC will.

Also, it is possibly, and highly desirable, to make PCs a lot quieter
than the average PC generally is.  One simple, and effective, approach
is to replace all the fans with one large, slow, and quieter fan, and
duct it to blow onto the things that get hot.  That's the cheap way, if
you don't mind spending money, there's a plethora of fancy cooling
options available.

I read messages from the public lists.