Re: Upgarding with Yum FC2 to FC4

its not recommended ... but I have done it .. basically you just change your source packages to the FC4 repos instead of the FC2 repos. The install deleted a lot of needed packages for xorg and gnome, so I just kept a list of the deleted packages and then installed those later on. Many of the package names changed completely so they are not viewed as a direct upgrade. So you may try to install one of those packages and you will get a message that says that package has been replaced by this package, and then you can install that package.

I wouldn't do it on a production machine, I would only try it if you were willing to wipe it out and start over if need be. Your safest way is just to start over. I had a problem upgrading from FC3 to FC4 and used the DVD. FC4 uses gcc4 and a bunch of things broke.

So be careful and back your stuff up.