Re: Patching a fedora stock kernel howto!

> after that alter the spec file and hook in the patch into the spec
> file.... build a new rpm from the spec file with rpmbuild and there ya
> go.

Ok, I tried that and it generates errors about the architecture and
various other errors.  Also when you manually patch a vanilla kernel
you have to edit the config file and set the mki option to yes to
enable the win4lin stuff.  That is why I was looking for a howto or
similar information.

> win4lin is commercial stuff... are you sure you cant achieve what you
> want to do with free tools / wine ?

I have tried to use (that is my wife has tried to use IE under wine,
she needs IE for her online classes) but it never works correctly with
the website.  I have also asked the school if they could develop their
website to w3c standards only, but I have had no luck in that area.
Their website is full of bs, err! I meant ms proprietary stuff.  But
thanks for the suggestion.

John