Re: [non-deterministic names] fstab-sync wipes out /etc/fstab

It would be _really_ nice to find comprehensable documentation of fstab-config somewhere. Like how to fix it _my_ way...

It would be *** REALLY NICE *** is I didn't have to search for my dvd-recorder every time I reboot. Sometimes its /media/cdrecorder, sometimes /media/cdrecorder2. Sometimes its on scsi bus 0, sometimes on scsi bus 1 (my usb hard drive is on the other). My usb hard drive also gets mounted under several different names, making symbolic links and 'bind' mounts rather difficult. Most annoying of all, If I add a hard drive, the funky volitile numbers grub uses to access things change, and I can't reboot without a rescue disc until I guess the new numbers. Why does (0,0) become (2,0), the new drive (1,0), and (0,0) get left unused?

I don't really care if it does it my way or not, I just want it to be deterministic and predictable.