Re: FC4 failed to install on M/B ASUS P5GDC

Scot L. Harris wrote:
Earlier this year I loaded FC3 on a ASUS P5GD2 Deluxe motherboard.  The
issues I ran into included manually loading drivers for the marvel chip
set used for the network interface and a problem with one of SATA chip
sets on the board.  The silicon chip set worked just fine but the ICH6
(?) chip set had a problem detecting the drives connected to them.  I
may have found a bios option to fix that but have not retested.  There
was a quick scan feature for the one chip set that appeared to stop
looking to soon for the drives.

I don't remember the specific error I was getting, this was several
months ago.  But you could see this problem during the bios boot, just
had to watch closely since it flashes past quickly.

I had a 2 P5GD2 mobos and I found that updating the BIOS solved problems I was having with the network card and the SATA and PATA controllers (I was trying to use both at the same time)

Serge