Re: can I make a reset-at-will box?

On 09/10/05, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tim wrote:
> I do, but during testing (where I've hit the reset button and pulled out
> the power leads), I've seen warnings about not being shutdown properly
> and fsck should be done on the drive.  I don't know how much I can
> ignore such warnings, and just carry on hoping for the best.

I wouldn't advise you to ignore it.
I use EXT3 too and we have a 2 hour power cut everyday at a fixed
time. I have scheduled a power down 5 minutes before the usual power
cut time, but sometimes it goes off before, and on a few occasions I
have had to do a forceful fsck to get the system back up.

--
Registered Linux User #374218

Minister of Offense, Preserver of the Way
of the Great Llama, Ambassador to India
for the Republic of Loungevania