Re: kernel source install

Jeff McKeon wrote:

Thanks Craig, what does the error message mean though?  Just for my own
knowledge...

Basically it means that you compiled the module for one kernel and
are using it on another. As long as there were no major changes
between versions this is OK.

Now it seems I can't configure the wlan0 interface.

If I issue:

iwconfig wlan0 essid "mynet"

And then issue the command:

Iwconfig

It still shows essid:off/any

I remember having a lot of problems with wlan. I then added
wpa_supplicant so I could use WEP & WPA-PSK which works well
with my Linksys WRT54G.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)