Re: iso image file of a CD in linux

roland.knoepfli@xxxxxx wrote:

run the following command:

dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/home/yourusername/imagefile.iso

replace /dev/cdrom with the path to your cd-rom device if it doesn't work. (i use /dev/hdc)

Roland

arora.himanshu@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,
I wanted to get the iso image file of a CD in linux. How should I do this ? Please suggest any rpm if required.

Himanshu Arora

Especially for copying ISO images, add "bs=10240" to the other dd parameters. I think dd goes sector by sector (bs=512) otherwise. You can try different values to see if there is any appreciable difference on your system. The bs parameter allows standard size abbreviations so the above could have been written bs=10K.

Dave