Re: [FC4] [VIM] Problem with color syntax and other under root

This is because as user, *vi* is aliased to *vim* (AKA VI enhanced).
As root, when you type vi, you actually run the normal syntax-color-less
vi.

As for the original question.
Make you start vim.
If syntax coloring still fails, type :syntax enable

Gilboa