Re: LVM problem <SOLVED>

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 11:07, Robin Laing wrote:

> I know the difference between the two but I am looking at LVM groups
> made from RAID1 (mdx) drives.  I am assuming and hoping that the RAID
> will protect the LVM as I am not losing the drive but only a copy.

That is my understanding.  The raid portion will protect you from a
drive failure.  The trick is to make sure you are alerted when there is
a problem and get the drive replaced.

The only question I have in such a setup is how do you grow an LVM
volume if the space was not already part of the raid group previously
setup?  Do the raid tools under linux allow you to grow a raid group by
adding a drive?