Re: ide bus settings

David Niemi wrote:
Looking through the messages log I came across the following:

        ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override
        with idebus=xx

Don't most new PCs with SATA have a 66Mhz or faster bus?

What is the command / program for setting the IDE / SATA Settings?

Thanks

As I have come across this exact problem, I found on a WWW sites that sometimes the BIOS is written to recognize the SATA drive as IDE and it can be changed there on some computers.
--
Robin Laing