Re: Fwd: [Contributors] Microsoft Windows Is Offically Broken

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 12:09, Gordon Messmer wrote:

> >> Again, Centos does not inherit any attitude problems.
> >
> > Umm, not quite. Some of the "upgrade or lose support" pressure filters
> > down, due to the fact that it is derived from RHEL. But I agree that
> > it is much better in this respect.
>
> I really don't know what you're talking about.  RHEL has a lifetime of 5
> years, and there's little reason to expect that CentOS won't.

Yes, Centos 3.x is still actively being updated.  Besides, even if you
do decide to do a version upgrade you can't complain about the price.
I'm inclined to think that Linux kernels become mature somewhere in
the 2.x.20 range so I'm not in any hurry to switch everything to a
2.6 based distro yet.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx