Re: system-config-users 1.2.39 broken?

akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> That is not really the same thing as Linux can do and you don't have
>
>to pay extra to so it.
>

>As Lee Iaccoca would say: "If you can find a more stable Linux install
>it."

If I'm not mistaken, U were the one who claimed that U those "miracles"
that you'd mentioned are possible ONLY if your using Linux, so I pointed
out to U that it's possible to perform them on Windoze as well.  I would
also like to add that Linux by itself cannot do those things that you've
mentioned either - It needs to have a package like VNC installed.
Strictly speaking, Linux by definition, doesn't include VNC, does it?

>The GUI may be great but it does very little in relation to what
>Linux can do. I agree that people who are afraid of command line
>commands should stick the simple minded-need of Windows. Windows is
>popular because you can't buy a computer in the Us without getting it
>and people don't know what a good operating system should do.
>OSX is used very little and after all it is really a hidden Unix.

I'm afraid that U are the one who is mistaken here.  I have never
claimed that the GUI gives additional functions to Linux.  If you'd
refer to my posts, I said that I personally feel that the GUI is a more
efficient and easier way of doing things.

>Again get a more stable Linux distribution and get off the
>fedora-list.

Ummm.....Is that an order from "up there"?