Re: Soundcard detection won't switch cards

Andrew B. Young wrote:
I hope to find a little guidance here...

The soundcard detection (system-config-soundcard I believe) sees both the on-board VIA "soundcard" and a PCI Audigy2 soundcard, but will not let me switch the default to the Audigy2.  It does not tell me why.

One possible problem is that when I installed FC4 and the soundcard detection first ran I clicked on "No" to "Do you hear the test sound?" when testing the Audigy2 (I had the speakers plugged into the wrong plug I think.)  Could this have disabled my Audigy2?

Thanks for any thoughts!
Andy

On board sound chips are controlled in the BIOS,give that a try.

  david