Re: "exchange server" for Linux

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 11:56 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 11:05, Craig White wrote:
>
> > Then there are open source projects that don't wish to get locked into
> > just Outlook clients but want to support open standards such as ical,
> > webdav, etc.
>
> Do any of these provide a system where the emailed notification or
> change affects the recipient's calendar schedule (and related alarms)
> even if he hasn't opened the email yet?  If you are counting on the
> alerts from the system, they have to update in close to real time.
----
I haven't a clue which ones might or might not. I would guess that some
do (Kolab comes to mind). I wouldn't know though. My guess is that you
would find varying features, integration, clients.

Does Exchange server support open standards to allow other clients?

At this point in time, no workgroup software, open source or proprietary
has all of the bases covered.

Craig

believed to be clean.