Network Monitoring App

Good Morning everyone:

A couple weeks ago someone mentioned a network app (as an alternative to
NAGIOS) that would routinely ping / query different servers / services
around the network and report their status, provide alarming etc.  I
filed the link in my e-mail and then promptly lost the e-mail.  If
anyone remembers that particular application (or knows of a similar one)
I would be most interested in it,  Its time to get some monitoring set
up on this network

Thanks

TIM