Re: JavaHL for FC3?

D. D. Brierton <darren <at> dzr-web.com> writes:

> I'm trying to get subclipse (SVN support for Eclipse) working in Eclipse
> 3.1 on FC3, but I get errors trying to connect to some external
> repositories using either JavaSVN or SVN command line. Colleagues here
> are connecting without error using JavaHL but they are using Windows and
> subclipse for Windows includes JavaHL whereas the Linux version doesn't.
>
> As I'm fairly clueless when it comes to Java (and frankly am fairly
> happy to stay that way) what is the most pain free way of installing the
> JavaHL library on FC3?

FC4 includes Subversion JavaHL in the subverison-javahl package.  It is built
against the included java-1.4.2-gcj and works with the included Eclipse.

Building JavaHL for FC3 could be annoying.  Simplest is probably building that
part of subversion from source.  I think you can build and install javahl
separately from the rest of Subversion.

 - Ian