Re: web-based access to the shell?

A simple alternative to running Java stuffs that I do...

Put a copy of putty on the webserver, so you can run putty (a ssh client) from anywhere.

This is for Windows. If you were at a Linux/UNIX machine I suppose there would already be a local copy of SSH :)

Regards,

.lzs
--
http://thinkingfarm.com/

Ferindo Middleton Jr wrote:
Is there a way to access the shell, of course securely using SSL, through a web browser. I was thinking that there would be a program already a part of fedora core packages or extras, or a combination of various different packages, that could implement this. Being able to access the shell through a standard web browser would be really convenient and I'm sure it been thought of before and there already some open-source implementation of this.

Ferindo