Re: Auto-activate Bluetooth mouse when available?

On 9/26/05, Patrick <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I just got an Acer Ferrari laptop, installed FC4 x86_64 & updated it.
Now I'm trying to automate the activation of the Bluetooth mouse. To add
a twist the laptop has a button which enables/disables the Bluetooth
functionality. During boot Bluetooth is disabled by default.

I've got an Acer laptop too. It seems the front button to enable bluetooth triggers the internal bluetooth receiver usb connect/disconnect. I don't know if anybody figured out how to do that in software...

What I am trying to accomplish: any time I press the Bluetooth button
the appropriate Bluetooth modules are loaded together with other actions
required to activate the mouse so I can use the mouse in the console
(with the gpm service) or in X.

Results so far:
With a little help from Google I found out that to activate Bluetooth I
put these lines in /etc/modprobe.conf:
install hci_usb /etc/rc.d/init.d/bluetooth start ; \
/sbin/modprobe -v --ignore-install -i hci_usb
remove hci_usb /etc/rc.d/init.d/bluetooth stop ; \
/sbin/modprobe -v --ignore-remove -r hci_usb

If you load the bluetooth service at boot-up (/sbin/chkconfig --level 345 bluetooth on) it should autoload the correct module. I don't have to do that for my phone. Maybe it helps with your mouse...
I don't have a bt mouse, so I can't help you with that I'm afraid.

Klaasjan