Corrupted FAT32 writing with FC3

Hello,
I've set up my laptop to dual boot Windos XP Home and Fedora Core 3. The drive is partitioned with ntfs, fat32 and ext3. I have Mozilla Thunderbird on Win and Linux setup to use the same files. This seems to work fine most of the time. But, whenever I compact the t-bird files from the Linux side, Windows reports that the Thunderbird directories or files are corrupt and unreadable. I don't know if this is a problem with Thunderbird(unlikely), Linux, Windows or the drive itself. I have run a disk sector scan from windows yielding no errors. Usually, the newly created mail files are crosslinked with another file. I've Googled a bunch of stuff and found nothing specific to FC3. Has anyone else had any problems like this?

I'm buffaloed.
Alex

--
Ourwoods.org