Re: Is anyone packaging spamassassin-3.1.0 for FC3?

--On Monday, September 26, 2005 2:00 PM +0100 "D. D. Brierton" <darren@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is anyone packaging the new version of SpamAssassin for FC3? An awful
lot of spam is beginning to get past spamassassin-3.0.4. Alternatively,
how compatible with FC3 is the rpm built by doing

rpmbuild -tb Mail-SpamAssassin-3.1.0.tar.gz

on the tarball available from spamassassin.apache.org as per the
instructions on the download page?

I do exactly that for FC2. I now have 3.1.0 running on 3 FC2 servers with no special tweaks. Save your old configuration, in case there's some incompatible config change that you need to migrate. These are rare, though, and the RPM will install a local.cf.rpmnew if you changed anything in the stock one. (The new one is all comments about things you might install. No actual content.)

I run SA and ClamAV via the MIMEDefang milter, and then run a second pass from procmail using spamc/spamd, but I have relatively low mail volume so the double-hit is acceptable. Otherwise I'd change the MIMEDefang setup to modify the message instead of just checking it for score. Instead, messages that are accepted (under 10) are processed a second time for markup and then filtered by Procmail into a separate spam folder.