What's the meaning of this error message, slmodem-alsa

Hello list,

I have downloaded and installed slmodem-alsa package from livna repository.This binary is supposed to work with builtin alsa modem modules in the kernel and create device nodes. When the command is issued,

slmodemd --alsa, following error comes up.

	[root@sidharth ~]# slmodemd --alsa
	error: mixer setup: attach hw:1 error:No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:1959:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Invalid type for PCM modem:1 definition (id: modem, value: cards.pcm.modem) error: alsa setup: cannot open playback device 'modem:1': Invalid argument
	error: cannot setup device `modem:1'

Could anybody help me understand this ? Or is it just a plain bug ?

Thanks,

Parameshwara Bhat