Re: Nut,usb and installation

david walcroft wrote:
Markku Kolkka wrote:

david walcroft kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika sunnuntai, 25. syyskuuta 2005 00:37):

# If the UPS is locally attached set it to "yes"
SERVER=yes
# Model of the UPS (filename to call for it, without path)
# Example - one of
#       apcsmart        - APC SMartUPS and similar
#       fentonups       - Fenton UPS
#       optiups
#       bestups
#       genericups
#       ups-trust425+625
#  upsdrvctl
# You MUST change this, or set SERVER to "no"
# To support multiple drivers, set MODEL=upsdrvctl
MODEL=Powermate-3105

The "MODEL" parameter does _not_ mean the actual model of your ups, you must set it to the nut driver used for your UPS (or "upsdrvctl").
# UPS device - needed if UPS is locally attached
DEVICE=/dev/ttyS0

Wasn't your UPS connected through USB, not the serial port?

Ok, I'll set up with MODEL=genericups, but I'm not sure what USB uses for connections <socket> <port> and how to determine the same for a config file.

Thanks for all you help Markku. david

For what it's worth this is at restart in s-c-services:

ups failed. The error was: Stopping UPS monitor: [FAILED]
Stopping upsd: [FAILED]
Shutting down genericups: [FAILED]
Starting genericups: Network UPS Tools - Generic UPS driver 1.30 (2.0.2)
[FAILED]
Starting upsd: Network UPS Tools upsd 2.0.2
[FAILED]
Starting UPS monitor (master): [  OK  ]

              david