Re: Re: Sequence of SATA Devices

Hello,

> > I'm using Fedora Core 3, Kernel 2.6.12, with two Promise SATA Controllers.
> > One 4 port onboard Promise controller and one 2 port Promise PCIController.
> > The Kernel detects the PCI controller first and names the attached drive sda
> > and sdb.
> > The drives attached to the onboard controller are named sdc to sdf.
>
> The current thinking is that the sdX names should be avoided, e.g., in
> fstab, so that even if you add and remove drives the remaining partitions get mounted
> in the same place.

The drives are not mounted.

> > Is it possible to change this behaviour so that the drives attached to the
> > onboard controller are recognised first?
>
> Why do you care?

The machine performs disk dumps from one drive to x drives. The master-drive
must always be sda. The onboard controller is much faster then the pci controller
thus it should be used first.

Harald

1 Million Singles in Ihrer Nahe. Finden Sie Ihren Traumpartner
bei Deutschlands beliebtester Partnerboerse:
http://singles.freenet.de/index.html?pid=11512