Re: Painter IX

On Thursday 22 September 2005 11:34 am, Robin Laing wrote:
> Claude Jones wrote:
> > On Thursday 22 September 2005 12:56 am, 國產 Wei-Yee Chan (Made in Chinar)
> >
> > wrote:
> >>It's called gimpShop.
> >>
> >>http://freshmeat.net/projects/gimpshop/

> > Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can tell, this is only ported to
> > OS X right now.
>
> Does OS X use rpm's?  I see two different links for rpm's.
>
> I have never used Photoshop so I don't know what the differences are.
> Just moving from gimp 1.x to 2.x is enough of a change for me.
>From GimpShop's home page:

"Now the bad news. I don’t have 24/7 access to a PC so I have not yet compiled
GIMPshop for Windows or Linux. If there are any enterprising developers out
there who are able to compile GIMPshop for other platforms, please download
GIMPshop’s source code (14 MB), compile it, and either make it available on
your site (and give me a shout so I can link to you) OR send me the file and
I will host it here."

But earlier, he says:
"Suramya.com: Very detailed instructions by Suramya Tomar for compiling and
installing GIMPshop under Linux. Get the GIMPshop for Debian package at the
bottom of the page."

I obviously glossed over the first and focused on the second...sorry.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA