Re: is there a package that will remotely run a unix command from a windows box?

--On 21. september 2005 14:44 -0400 Robin Mordasiewicz <robin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, Kenneth Porter wrote:

--On Wednesday, September 21, 2005 2:24 PM -0400 "G.Wolfe Woodbury"
<ggw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Look into:
	Putty
	Cygwin.com
	or
	Microsoft Unix Services for Windows

Personally, I use cygwin and the ssh commands therein.

I use Cygwin for the Gnu developer tools like diff, but I'm still
partial to  PuTTY for interactive ssh. (A similar tool for file transfer
is WinSCP.)

However, the original poster was looking for remote script starting, and
for  that Cygwin ssh is probably the best choice; more lightweight than
PuTTY and  can run from an existing Windows console.

you can just use rsh. It is a built in windows command line tool.

If you want graphical then just use VNC.