is floppy so old fashioned?

Bonjour,

Installing FC3 on computer with a floppy drive, I cannot see how this
dinosaur device could be "automatically" installed. Do we have to add it
manually? And to pay attention that HAL or udev don't destroy what you
have done!

Something seem to me wrong in the way of thinking of those who provide
distributions.

Regards.
--
François Patte