Re: YUM problem;

Mirco Scara wrote:
I finally managed to perform a whole upgrade of the system, excluding
the infamous xorg updates that were trashing my machine via YUMEX.
On reboot all went ok and I managed to login back into my account.
I then opened a terminal and issued the command YUM UPDATE to check if
other updates were available and to my surprise YUM reproposed all the
updates that I installed 10 minutes previous.
I checked whether the situation was the same with YUMEX and found out
that there were no updates according to YUMEX (only the xorg ones)
I then tested the same with Synaptic and got again all the updates that
I already installed, ready to be re-installed.
I do no really understand what's happening.
Can anybody shed some light on to this dark tunnell?

Please post the actual output of yum, plus the output of "rpm -q pkgname" where "pkgname" is the name of one of the packages yum wants to update.

Paul.