authconfig retry=3

The authconfig executable has the number of password attempts hardcoded within it:

> strings /usr/sbin/authconfig | grep retry
retry=3

Running authconfig generates the /etc/pam.d/system-auth file (with retrys=3). Question: how do I instruct, configure, or otherwise organize my system so that
the number of retries is, say, 2.
The system-auth file is regenerated everytime that authconfig is run, so that
hand editing system-auth while possible will be overridden next time
authconfig is run - with all edits lost.

Richard

--
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.