Re: Newbie: GIMP help-section

Marcus Zingmark wrote:

The help-section in GIMP is mostly empty for me, I only have the subjects from 1 to 1.3, rest is empty.

Yum says I have "gimp-help.noarch 2-0.1.0.7.1" installed

Anyway, i tried to install "gimp-help-2.0.9.tar.gz" that I found online, and ./configure gave me this message:

"checking for GIMP... Package gimp-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gimp-2.0.pc'
No package 'gimp-2.0' found
configure: error:
** Couldn't find a GIMP-2.0 installation. If you want to skip this check and ** install the help files to the configured prefix, use the --without-gimp ** configure option. Note that GIMP will then only find the help files if it ** is installed in the same prefix. See the file 'INSTALL' for more help."

I only want the help section up and running, and I'm kind of new to Linux, so please help :)

I have the same gimp-help as you do, though I see much more help than you do! take a look at:

rpm -ql gimp-help | less

which will give you a list of the files that (should have) installed, check to make sure that they do exist (especially the ones in the
/usr/share/gimp/2.0/help/cs directory
you can access these files with Firefox using url: file:///usr/share/gimp/2.0/help/en/index.html
Also which version of Gimp is installed? mine is gimp-2.2.8-0.fc4.2

Finally, here are some links you might find useful:
<http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/>
<http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/>http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/
http://empyrean.lib.ndsu.nodak.edu/~nem/gimp/tuts/
http://gimp-savvy.com/