Re: Mail server

--On 18. september 2005 15:25 +0530 Abilash Praveen M <abilashpraveen82@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I'm a newbie to linux. I'd been using Centos for a couple of weeks. Now
I've changed my box to FC4. I however do not have enough experience in
handling mail servers. I have setup everything except the mail server. I
already have my MX changed to point to this box.. but I'm not sure how I
would setup all emails to someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx come to my nix box.

I have sendmail (iam not sure if sendmail is used to accept incomming
emails) and I created a sub.thisbox.com in the local domains list. I
think created an alias somone and asked it to send emails to my hotmail
address. So, I assumed that when I send an email to
someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx it would go to my hotmail address. But it doesn't
happen to be so. I don't get a undelivered message.. but it seems to have
gone into the queue for unknown reasons.

Can I request you please to help me out setting up my email server? I
might need to also host my thisbox.com emails once I succeed with this
sub. I might probably need pop3 access too. I found that centos was not
very much helpful for me.. but i'm not sure if FC4 list would help me cuz
I might sound too newbie????

Thanks in advance to anyone who will help me out.

Kind regards,
Abilash Praveen

Use Xmail server instead of sendmail. Check out http://www.xmailserver.org

Very easy to install and to maintain.