Re: Wierd problem with postgresql

Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) wrote:

On 9/18/05, Linuxer Wang <linuxerwang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't want to lost my data when I reinstall fedora next time, so I
decide to create a new database under /opt.

Why not do a pg_dump to save a copy of your database before you
reinstall? Then, you just move your database dump file to some place
that won't be affected when you reinstall and then after that just
restore that file again.
I often forget to dump the database and when I realize it, it's too late.
Actually my postgresql is just for developing not industrial, but I have a large /opt partition, I prefer to put many things in /opt
and when reinstall all things are still there.

Thanks,
Yours,