Re: Linux-compatible webcam recommendations invited

Serge de Souza wrote:

Are you sure that you have alsa configured properly ? Maybe the devices got swapped around and your sound card is no longer card-0, have a look in /proc/asound/devices or /proc/asound/pcm then try aplay -D <device name> somewavfile

Actually, i overstated the problem: i still have sound, but for some reason Gnome volume control (both window, and applet scroll bar) no longer works. At the same time kmix still works, and i can control volume in xine for instance. This wasn't a problem before i installed spca. However, i don't recall trying using those features after my latest kernel update either, so i can't claim that it was spca. It might have been the kernel update. I'll play with it a little more. I also want to try using the thing remotely w/ a 2nd Linux box as the next step, before i return STX and exchange it for Pro 4000. Hopefully tomorrow...