Re: Relay Access Denied ; POSTFIX FC4 Server

Am Sa, den 17.09.2005 schrieb CHAT KHODA um 15:16:

> Recently we have upgraded an old MsExchange machine to
> FC4 and Postfix 2.2.2 .We have no problem with our
> webmail,squirrel mail and it pop service works fine
> when we want to retrieve messages from the server but
> when we want to send email to outside world,like lycos
> mail boxes,we got Relat access denied.
> I have studied documents and it seems to me that the
> reason refers to the default amount of $relay_domains
> which is equal to $mydestination.
>
> Do you have any idea to solve this probem and enable
> our users to send their emails via outlook AND keep
> out server protected against SPAMMERS.

If your users are roaming, means have no pre-defined, static IP
addresses you will have to setup SMTP AUTH. Postfix shipped by Fedora is
compiled to support this out of the box, you just have to configure it.

http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html

Else you may trust your inner (private) IP address space and relay for
that.

http://www.postfix.org/uce.html
http://www.postfix.org/basic.html#mynetworks

Alexander

Serendipity 16:25:50 up 16:35, 18 users, 0.93, 0.31, 0.10