Re: SElinux causes Nagios issues?

Jonathan Carpenter wrote:

(13)Permission denied: exec of '/usr/local/nagios/sbin/status.cgi' failed, referer: http://127.0.0.1/nagios/side.html

I read from a message board online that I may need to disable SElinux. Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas why I might be getting this error? And if it could be SElinux how do I shut it off? I have edited /etc/selinux/conf and specified disabled but I am not sure how to turn it off.

Probably it's selinux. IIRC, the policy for apache is set to run only programs inside /var/www/ and ~*/public_html (and this is only after you enable that option). You can try running "setenforce permissive" and restarting apache.. If it works, use system-config-securitylevel to disable selinux (or if you dont have that installed, I think the file you need to edit is /etc/sysconfig/selinux ). If that's really the case, I'd suggest talking to the Nagios people and asking them to work with the selinux guys to make a nagios policy.. After all , nagios is one excelent tool that would benefit from the extra selinux protection...

--
Pedro Macedo