locked CD problem

Hi,

I have a problem with my CD writer being locked
forever in Fedora core 4. When I try to burn the CD
from K3B, firstly it reports that no media found. If I
try to use force, then K3B returns the error that " cd
couldn't be unlocked". If I try to eject, it doesn't
eject. Unmounting the /dev/hdd or /media/cdrecorder
shows the message "not mounted". If I reboot it, it is
still locked. Only way to remove inserted CD is to
cold boot. Can somebody tell me what's wrong with it?

Thanks in advance.

Deepak K. Shrestha