FC1 upgrade

Hi, All,

I want to upgrade from FC1 to FC4 by using yum, but I got some conflict errors. I thought i may need to upgrade from FC1 to FC2 first. But I got the following errors:

.Package redhat-config-mouse needs /usr/bin/python2.2, this is not available.
Package redhat-config-network-tui needs /usr/bin/python2.2, this is not available.
Package redhat-config-nfs needs /usr/bin/python2.2, this is not available.
Package redhat-config-samba needs /usr/bin/python2.2, this is not available.
Package redhat-config-securitylevel needs /usr/bin/python2.2, this is not available.
Package redhat-config-bind needs /usr/bin/python2.2, this is not available.
Package redhat-config-date needs /usr/bin/python2.2, this is not available.
Package redhat-config-keyboard needs /usr/bin/python2.2, this is not available.
Package redhat-config-kickstart needs /usr/bin/python2.2, this is not available.
Package redhat-config-language needs /usr/bin/python2.2, this is not available.
Package redhat-config-rootpassword needs /usr/bin/python2.2, this is not available.
Package redhat-config-soundcard needs /usr/bin/python2.2, this is not available.
Package redhat-config-users needs /usr/bin/python2.2, this is not available.
Package redhat-config-xfree86 needs /usr/bin/python2.2, this is not available.

I knew this is a known error and followed the link:

http://www.linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/misc/fc1-fc2-yum-hints.txt

to update, but the errors were still there.

Here is my yum.conf:

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=fedora-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
retries=20

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/

[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/

The way I was doing:

1. rpm -iUhv http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/2/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/fedora-release-2-4.i386.rpm

2. yum update

Any help regarding how to fix all these error messages or directly upgrade from FC1 to FC4 will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Tina