Re: How to get Apache to write files as group writable?

Jay Paulson wrote:
Yet another file permissions question! :)
I have my file permissions set up so that each local user who is in the same group when they create a file it becomes group writable. However, even after I add apache into the same group that the local users are in (in this case the www group) and upload a file through a browser it doesn't make the file group writable. How do I configure FC3 to make apache write files to the file system that are group writable (664)?

Try adding a line:

umask 002

to /etc/sysconfig/httpd and then restart httpd

Paul.

I also found that in the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file you can change the group apache runs as from apache to www (or whatever group you want). Then start up /etc/init.d/httpd as root for it to take effect (at least that what it says in the httpd.conf file).

My question now is which is the better way?

I'll have to try both ways. :)

jay