Re: Possible Attack?

Paul Howarth wrote:
> It means that your mail server detected a malformed MIME Content-Type
> header field in a mail that it processed (probably incoming). It's
> possible that some mail program had a buffer overflow or other
> vulnerability that could be exploited by sending a carefully-crafted
> malfored MIME Content-Type header in an email. The mail server's action
> of fixing the header averted this. Logwatch reported the log entry as
> something you might be interested in. I wouldn't worry about it.

I have mutt set up to display clamav warnings in bright red text. And
clamav occasionally complains about malformed MIME on this list. It
always looks like some mailer programmer didn't read the spec correctly,
or possibly at all.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "We completely deny the allegations, and we're
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | trying to identify the alligators."