Re: "panic: unable to mount root" => need sleep after loading SATA driver in initrd! Should udevstart wait?

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I'm sure I can't be the only Fedora user
> who finds this reference to "mkinitrd errata" difficult to follow.
> It has been explained to me, but I still find the language bizarre.
>
> I assume most people will install Fedora distribution kernels from rpm's.
> If that is so, surely it would be easier - and more informative -
> to say which rpm you are referring to?

Um. "Errata" may or may not be obscure: it's jargon, but it's close
enough to the normal "English" use of the word to not be too obscure.

But what's obscure about mkinitrd? (Apart from the name, but at least
it's consistent across command and RPM). The Original Poster talked
about mkinitrd, so he's obviously aware of what it is and what it does.

If mkinitrd was contained in a RPM with a different name, you'd have a
point. But it isn't.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | As Tim switched off the engine, opened the driver's
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | door, undid his seat belt and fell out of the tree,