A Few Questions

   Hello,
I have a few questions that I hope have simple answers. (Simple answers for a simple man.. :) One not so pressing issue is how do I disable the fancy GUI while Fedora loads? I know I can click on the show details but that only works temoporaily, then it bouces right back to the GUI again. One of my biggest peeves about Weirdos and Macintrash is it's blind booting. (I use both BTW so I have a right to complain!) I like being able to clearly see the boot procedure so I can see if there are errors or see that everything loaded OK. Old faithful RedHat didn't have the fancy screen. I liked that.

Also; When shutting down I get two errors in the shut down sequence. One is NFS Locking. When I restart/shutdown It comes up as [FAILED] I've tunred it off as a service but it would be nice to have. Yet at boot NFS shows no error.

The second is with VSFTPd It also boots fine and runs fine but on shutdown/reboot it comes up [FAILED] Why is that? I don't see any errors in the logs, and the server is running and accessable from within the LAN.

My last question is with identd. I've got the server runnung, I've tired getting local responses and it show's it's working. I've tried remote queries from within my lan and I get a reply. I've got a hole in the router for identd yet if I login to a server outside the lan it comes up no reply.

Has anyone ever heard of any ISP's blocking identd (113)?
I'm on Verizon BTW. I'm sure they have #80 blocked. I can reach the server from remote within the LAN but nobody can reach it outside the LAN even with HTTPd (#80 and #8080) routed to the server through a static route. I don't need a mass-traffic site but it would be nice to have a few simple pages to share with friends. I'm a tinkerer and like having the ease of my stuff being local so I can easily develop sites and test them among a select group before going live with them.

Thanks;