Network and Server monitoring

I am looking for a way to monitor my servers status. I am also wanting to monitoring specific process or daemons as well and alert me when there is an issue either by email or pager. I would also like to have some sort of IDS or log checking that will alert me when there is a lot of activity in my secure log or messages log out of the ordinary. My network is blocking icmp packets so I cannot ping each server at the current time. Can anyone recommend anything for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

         Thanks,

--
Jonathan Carpenter