A further ctrl-alt-backspace mystery.

We started out with the realization that ctrl-alt-backspace would not
work on our FC4 lab machines to restart the X server.

Research led us to inset the following clause in the xorg.conf to
disable this key sequence altogether:
Section "ServerFlags"
        Option "DontZap" "true"
	EndSection

Logic then led us to wonder if the clause:
Section "ServerFlags"
        Option "DontZap" "false"
	EndSection

would allow ctrl-alt-backspace to operate as it should. The answer we
found was sometimes. In several cases two machines with identical
hardware and identical software would have different behavior. One of
the pair would work and the other would go into a crazy state where
rebooting became necessary.

Does anyone have any further wisdom of this matter that they are
willing to share?

Do not meddle in the affairs of troff, for it is subtle and quick to anger.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484