Re: How to make the console bell to beep in FC4?

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Paul Smith wrote:

On 9/9/05, hpt <hanpingtian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please tell me how to make the console bell to beep in FC4.
My pc can beeps when boot with knoppix, but can't beep when
boot with FC4, what's wrong? My bell-style set as 'audible'.

modprobe pcspkr

might help here.

To  make this permanent, add the following line to your /etc/rc.d/rc.local file:

/sbin/modprobe pcspkr

Shoulb be the /etc/sysconfig/modules/*.modules?

In my case, I used the /etc/rc.d/rc.local file and the bell works fine
on my computer.

/etc/sysconfig/modules/* is preferred for loading modules, and /etc/rc.local is preferred for starting local services.

For some modules (such as this one), it doesn't really matter which way you go. The difference is, scripts /etc/sysconfig/modules/* are run early in the init process (so modules are available for services in /etc/init.d that need them) and /etc/rc.local is run at the very end (so things that rely on services can know they are already running).

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu