Re: (no subject)

I used fedora core 4 for long time but now i lost root password.

anyway to find or recovery my password??

At the Grub boot screen, press 'e' to edit the line (you may need to press
'c' and enter your password. Append a '1' to the kernel like, so it reads
something like the following:

kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.12-1.1447_FC4 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet 1

This will boot you into a single-user mode shell prompt. From there type
'passwd' and hit the Enter/Return key. This will allow you to enter a new password for your root user. When you're finished, you can either reboot or
run `telinit 5`. Hope that helps!
--
()  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML Email,
/\  vCards, and proprietary formats.