Re: Using kernel-debuginfo RPM?

I assume that your machine isn't OOPsing, it's hard locking.
Trying to debug it in this case won't help you.
You'll need a special patched version of the kernel, a serial cable and
a second machine in-order to debug it.
http://www.kernelhacking.org/docs/kernelhacking-HOWTO/indexs09.html
In short, kernel debugging is far from being the normal ddd + gdb
userland debugging you're used to.
(I usually just stick printk all around my code and wait for the machine
to OOPs :-))

Can you elaborate more on your machine configuration, drivers and test
case?
Can you access the machine from network (using ssh/telnet) after it has
locked?
etc.

Gilboa